Writing

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you. ~Ray Bradbury

The role of a writer is not to say what we all can say, but what we are unable to say. ~Anaïs Nin

Fiction is a lie, and good fiction is the truth inside the lie. ~Stephen King

Monday, January 18, 2010

I have a dream...

Ha Ha it's Martin Luther King day! But I'm honest to god talking about this crazy dream I had last night.  It has nothing to do with Dr. King.

So I had this dream where me and a bunch of my friends (actually my best friend and a bunch of faceless random people) went to my friends summer cabin (which in real life does not exist) for a night.  There was no electricity or anything so we decided to go to her friend's house next door.  These people lived there full time.  Well in my dream the guy that lived there was in love with her since they were kids and she loved him too.  The overall feeling of the dream was pretty creepy.  The house also had no electricity, and everything was dark but in a calm, not scary way. Everything felt serious and almost sad.  That's because this kid was dying and we all knew it.  Well my best friend ends up going off to have sex with this kid.  Then when that's over we all go back in the house (we had been in the hot tub) where this kid is in his room sleeping.  All over the house was posters and brochures about this kid dying and what he is like that his father allegedly created.  It skipped to the morning when not only is it still dark but he is dead and we are all sad.  But wait, his parents come home from where ever they were and tell us that he has been dead for months.  So you would think it was a ghost story except that his body is right where he fell asleep the night before.  I tried to take something of his to give to my friend and it felt like some ghostly presence was pick-pocketing me.  So I put it back.  Oh and that kid didn't talk through the whole dream.  He communicated with nods and looks. That's it.

So analyze THAT dream for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment